Spypoint Trail Camera SD Card Recommendations
Most newer Spypoint trail cameras such as the Link Micro series use micro SD cards. Spypoint recommends using a Class 10, 2-32GB SD or Micro SD card.
- SD or Micro SD card (depending on the camera model)
- 2GB – 32GB
- Class 10
- Premium brand
- Long Format (FAT/FAT32)
You should format your SD card before inserting it into your trail cam. At least the first time you use it.
Formatting will help to prevent file incompatibility, especially if the card has been used with other devices.
Be aware that formatting will delete all image or video files from the card.
How do I format an SD card for my SPYPOINT camera?
- First make sure you save any files you don’t want deleted. Formatting will erase everything that is currently on the card.
- Insert the card into a laptop or PC.
- Right click on the SD card and choose “long format”.
- It should display a message telling you whether or not formatting was successful.
What kind of SD card does a SPYPOINT camera use?
Most of the Spypoint trail camera models require a SD card with 2GB to 32GB of storage space. The SD card will use the Fat32 file format. Older cameras typically use an SD card while newer cameras often use a micro SD card. They also recommend SDHC by a premium brand.
Spypoint DOES NOT recommend:
- Memory cards larger than 32 GB
- Classes 2, 4, or 6
- Lower quality or off brand cards
- Short formatting
- Using a micro sd card with an adaptor in a camera that uses a standard SD card